Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Remind me...

From the very first time I heard this song I knew that it would impact me. This song is called "Remind Me" by Brad Paisley with Carrie Underwood (by the way I think they sound so wonderful together and hope they continue to do collaborations together). I think it describes a lot of relationships. I admit it's kind of how I have been feeling about mine with my husband. That feeling of knowing that we both love each other very much, but things aren't how they used to be. The passion is gone the "gotta have you right now" feeling. Where things are good, but they aren't great.

Take a listen:




Here are some lyrics that really hit me:

"Now we keep saying that we're ok
But I don't want to settle for good not great
I miss the way that it felt back then I wanna feel that way again"

"Do you remember how it used to be
we'd turn out the lights and didn't just sleep"

"Oh so on fire so in love
that look in your eyes that I miss so much"

"I wanna feel that way
Yeah I wanna hold you close
Oh If you still love me
Don't just assume I know"

No comments: