Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Tis the Season... for Music... Christmas Music

It's already mid-November! This year went super fast, and the holiday season is here again. My favorite thing about the season is Christmas music. And yes, I am starting to listen to Christmas Music (just a little bit each day not all day every day). But when you have 28 HOURS of Christmas music... it's ok to start now right? Then there is Pandora (there are so many Christmas Genre stations). HOWEVER, there are a few songs that I consider "off limits" until after Thanksgiving is over because they make it Christmas. Not sure if that makes sense or not but oh well. The songs I will not listen to (no matter how much I want to) are:

  • "The Christmas Song" - Nat King Cole
  • "White Christmas" - Bing Crosby
These are some other songs that I try to wait until closer to Thanksgiving to listen to:
  • "Jingle Bell Rock" - Bobby Helms
  • "Sleigh Ride" - instrumental (I have a version by the Boston Pops but I am sure there are better ones)
  • "Christmas to Christmas"- Lee Greenwood
  • "Let it be Christmas" - Alan

This year there are less days between Thanksgiving and Christmas (only 25 days). This means less time to enjoy the Christmas season. This makes me feel less bad about listening to music now.

I do love this time of year and can't wait to start putting up Christmas decorations and all that fun stuff. And I will be going all out with decor this year because 1) this is our first house, and 2) I am hosting the Activity Days Christmas Party at my house.

No comments: