I had a light bulb moment yesterday... well sort of. I've decided that if I can't have a baby (at least not right now), then I am going to lose weight instead. I've gained more weight than I like to admit, and I'm tired of feeling bad about myself. (I realize that a bunch of you friends and family are saying "whatever Marisa you look great, I don't know what you are talking about"). But fact of the matter is that I have never weighed this much in my entire life (though I dread getting on the scale to see that number).
I am doing this for a few reasons. One, obviously to boost self esteem and self image. Two, it'll take my mind of the fact that we aren't getting pregnant at this time. I need to get my mind of that so bad, because it just brings me down. Three, maybe losing this extra weight will aid in our quest to have a child of our own. With my science background I know that being overweight (which I am) can lead to problems with getting pregnant along with all the other obvious health problems that can happen (eventual diabetes, heart problems down the road, high cholesterol, etc.). Four, getting in better shape (and staying that way) will be so beneficial once the kids come. I don't want to be the mom that has to stop every 5 minutes on our family hike. And lastly, it'll give me something more to do with my day other than sitting in front of my computer working and housework (yes my life is boring right now).
I just figure that if I can't have a baby now I might as well be doing something to help me feel happier, because you doesn't want to be happier right. I know it will be hard to lose this weight. I mean it took me 2 1/2 years to get to this weight it's not going to just fall off overnight. And my timing isn't the best right now with the holidays here and my favorite time of year to be in the kitchen baking, but I am going to do my best to start working to trim down now.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment