On the 12th Jared came up here for the beginning of his spring break. My parents were out of town, but we got the ok for him to stay. Needless to say I was VERY excited. It was so good to spend some time together. We took care of things here while my parents were away and were able to go do baptisms together on the 16th. He was able to do the baptizing, which was a wonderful experience for us. On the 16th after picking my parent's up from the airport we headed out of town. We decided that we would spend the rest of Jared's spring break in California. The original plan was for me to drive to Cedar and then give the wheel to Jared. We were like 10 miles from Nephi when I got one of my monstrous headaches, so we stopped in Nephi where we got a drink and cookies to split. I took some of my "magic pills" and gave Jared the wheel. We stopped in Cedar so Jared could get what he needed for California, and then drove to St. George to spend the night at his Grandparent's. We didn't get to St. George till after 1 in the morning.
The next morning (Wednesday the 17th) we got up and had breakfast with his Grandma and Grandpa Wonnacott. It was good to meet them and get to know them and a little more about the family. After packing up our stuff, we headed over to his Grandma and Grandpa Davenport's. His Grandpa and I talked about horses and our stories about horses. It was great to meet them. After finishing up in St. George I drove us to Las Vegas. In Vegas we were going to see my aunt Stephanie and her 3 boys. It took us a while before we actually heard from her so that we could get to her house, so we parked in Mandalay Bay and decided to walk around until we heard from her. We didn't get far before we heard from her, but only after passing "THE wedding chapel" but I guess that was bound to happen with us being in Vegas. We then followed Steph to her house, where Jared played with the boys and I was able to catch up with Steph. It was good to see her again. Sounds like Steph approves of Jared, and she told him to take care and be good to me because she is protective of me. He said he was also protective of me. He's so cute! We hit the 7/11 before heading out of Vegas so we would have enough gas and some drinks and snacks to get us there. We listened to my mp3 player, my "our love" playlist most of the time. Singing along and talking all the way. I loved the alone time in the car with him. As we got closer to Ridgecrest (his hometown) I got more and more nervous. I was afraid that his family wouldn't like me, or that I would make a complete fool of myself. He could tell how nervous I was and assured me that everything was going to be fine, that they would love me, and that he loved me. We got to his parent's and within 30 seconds I met 10 people, 8 were his family members and 2 were some friends. I was standing in the doorway to the house when I met Mark, Diane, Marsha, Jenny, Kayla, Kevin, Thomas, and Whitney. Both his mom (Diane) and dad (Mark) gave me hugs immediately. It was great! We ate dinner and then had family scriptures and prayer. Definitely a change for me, although it is slowly become a routine at home too. Jared and I then went with his mom and dad to the church to set up tables for the etiquette dinner that was the next night. After that Jared and I watch some crazy batman movie, WAY old one. We called it a night earlier than we usually do, but that could be because of where we were. Ha ha!
On Thursday, Jared and I got up and got ready for the day and his mom packed us a lunch and snacks. We hit the road and drove to Santa Monica. There we went to the Getty Museum. I took some pictures there. Here are a few:


After spending some time looking at everything from paintings, to sculptures, to furniture we headed back to the car and ate some lunch before heading to the L.A. Temple. When we got to the temple Jared went to get the card for the family name that his mom sent with us for me to do. It was pretty cool to do one of their family names. The L.A. Temple is so big! It was beautiful inside, although what temple isn't? Jared performed the baptisms and confirmations, which was absolutely wonderful. After finishing up with baptisms we walked around the temple grounds and I took TONS of pictures. Here are a few:

After spending some time looking at everything from paintings, to sculptures, to furniture we headed back to the car and ate some lunch before heading to the L.A. Temple. When we got to the temple Jared went to get the card for the family name that his mom sent with us for me to do. It was pretty cool to do one of their family names. The L.A. Temple is so big! It was beautiful inside, although what temple isn't? Jared performed the baptisms and confirmations, which was absolutely wonderful. After finishing up with baptisms we walked around the temple grounds and I took TONS of pictures. Here are a few:
Jared... Well that's my guy for you!
After leaving the temple we drove down to the beach to finish up the day. We didn't leave the temple until after 5, so it took a while to get there. But I love time alone in the car with him, so it was fine by me. We got to the beach and rolled up our pant legs and walked on the beach through the water. It was about 6 and it was about sunset. So after checking in with my mom, I whipped out my camera and took a million pictures while Jared had fun finding sand crabs. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the beach.
This is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken probably. I love him!
Loved it!
We left the beach around 8, and I was soaked from the waist down pretty much. So needless to say the ride home was a little cold. But it was totally worth it. The ride home was really quiet, but I know I was thinking a lot about things and such... We didn't get home until after 11, and we both just crashed after praying together (we do that).
Friday, Jared woke me up at 5 so that we could go to the church and play basketball with some guys. Jared and I were on opposite teams for the majority of the time. I made some baskets, which was awesome because Jared was there. After finishing up with basketball we went home and ate breakfast and hung around the house for a while. We went to Walmart with his mom, Whitney and Thomas. On the way in to walmart, Tommy held mine and Jared's hand. It was cute. Tommy wanted to be right with me the entire time, it was sweet. I helped Jared pick out a card for his dad, because it was his dad's birthday that day and I have a talent at picking the perfect card. After getting the card we walked over to Subway and got some lunch and then walked home. It gave him a chance to show me around the neighborhood. Once we were home Jared and Tommy watched some movie, and I immediately fell asleep on the couch with the movie on. Go figure. After I woke up Jared and I went out to the Pinnacles, which are about a half hour from Ridgecrest if that. We got there and climbed around and I took even more pictures...
The Pinnacles!
Jared wanted to take one of me...
Jared and I... I think we were making our way back to the car.
On the way back to the house, we stopped by the wild burrow place outside of town. Jared took some pictures on his phone of the horses and burrows. I however have enough pictures of horses and stuff but I did manage to take some of Jared on my phone. We headed home and then everyone gave their gifts to Mark for his birthday. We sang happy birthday and all that good stuff. Then Jared and I and his parents all went out to dinner for Mark's birthday. We ended up going to Sizzler, one of my favorite places. Everyone ordered the same thing, which I thought was funny. As we all sat down, the interview began you could say. Mark started asking me all the typical questions that you would ask a possible daughter-in-law. I told them all about me, from hobbies to what I went into in school to musical abilities. I also told them all about my family. I guess it was a little intimidating, but it certainly didn't scare me away in fact it made me want to stick around. After dinner we had scriptures and prayer with the family. Jared and I then looked through this book I brought that I got at the library. It's called "How do you know when you're really in love?" In it there were a bunch of questions that were about the ten elements of an eternal relationship. We were up till after 1 talking. It was really good to talk about those things.
Saturday, we got up and went over to the church to help clean the building. We ended up cleaning doors and some other boards. Jared was able to show me off to people from his ward and to introduce me. I guess a lot of people asked "when's the big day?" After finishing cleaning we had a picnic and had lunch. We went back home and packed up stuff to take to Red Rock Canyon. We were going to eat dinner up there and spend time together. We got there and immediately all of us kids started exploring. Kevin wanted to follow Jared and I everywhere. Jared told him that where we were going he wouldn't be able to do it, so then it was just me and Jared. We hiked up to the highest point. It was the scariest thing I have ever done. At points I thought I was going to fall and plummet to my death. Seriously! But Jared just kept telling me that I could do this and he wouldn't let me fall. We made it to the top, in one piece! It was AMAZING! We waved down to the family and took some pictures. Then he kissed me. I know CUTE! I couldn't have done it without Jared. We made our way down and roasted hot dogs and had dutch oven potatoes. Everyone told jokes and just had a wonderful time together. I felt like I was just part of the family, and not just Jared's girlfriend. We packed up and headed home then had family prayer and scriptures. Jared and I then watched "Old Yeller" mostly because Jared wanted to see me cry and we figured it would. However, I didn't cry and after the movie was over we prayed together and crashed. Here are pictures from our day:
Look how high we are!
I made it to the top!
Couldn't have done it without him!
We were all the way up there!
On Sunday we got up and got ready for church. Church was at 1 and so we just went to sacrament meeting so that we could get going and not get into Cedar too late. Church was good. We said our goodbye's to the family. I hugged everyone except for Kevin who took off before I could say goodbye. It was sad to leave there, I had grown to love everyone in the family. But thank goodness for technology and I can still keep in touch with everyone. We drove back to Cedar, listening to music the entire way. I got teary eyed when "Me and You" by Kenny Chesney came on, it was one of those moments were it hit me hard just how much I love Jared and want to be with him forever. Got into town and watched "Igor" one of my favorite movies then called it a night.
Monday morning... woke up and dropped Jared off at school. Held each other close for as long as we could. Neither one of us wanted me to go. I cried. He wiped the tears from my face and said he'd see me Saturday. I HATE saying goodbye!
More updates to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment