Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Update time! (Part 2)

Let see... I left off on Monday the 22nd. The rest of the week seemed to drag and fly at the same time. Jared came up on Friday the 24th for his Super Saturday for his summer job. This summer he is going to North Carolina to do sales for a pest control company. Friday night we ended up watching a few movies, dropped and picked up my sister from a friends, and drove up to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We got up to the temple after 11 and got out and just stood there with me in his arms just looking at the temple. Said maybe we'd be standing here in white. Saturday morning we woke up and I drove him down to Lindon to Noah's for his Super Saturday. I then came home and did Saturday work and such other things. I drove down there around 8 to pick him up and go to the after party for the company. We played racket ball and volleyball, and ventured into where they were holding a dance. He spun me around the dance floor, I felt ridiculous because dancing is something I am DEFINITELY not good at. But I tried to have fun with it anyway. We walked around the building and looked at the Mount Timpanogous Temple. We also played some pool, another thing I am not good at, and rode the mechanical bull. I rode the bull one handed and stayed on for a few seconds; Jared rode two handed (the whimp!) and lasted longer than I did. We had a blast dancing the night away and just being together. Sunday (March 28th) we woke up and went to church with my family instead of my singles ward because my little sister was speaking in sacrament meeting. After church we got some lunch and watched a few movies before dinner with my siblings. After dinner I drove Jared down to Provo to meet his ride back to Cedar. I dropped him off, hugs and kisses, then "I'll see you Friday." Both me and his ride headed towards the freeway and the moment I couldn't see him I started to cry. SERIOUSLY! Don't know what this guy did to me, but I DO cry now. It's really weird. He's seen me cry and I have yet to see him cry, and he's suppose to be the crier.
On Wednesday March 30th Jared and I came up with our master plan for an April Fools joke. We would have loved to say that we were engaged, but seeing as he lives in Cedar and I live in South Jordan it didn't seem believable. SO I decided that we should say that we broke up.
Our story was that while on the phone the night before we got into a fight.That my parent's were not sure how they felt about him being up here again, and that we would then be spending our 4th weekend in a row together. And that my parents were afraid that he was distracting me from finding a job and other things. That I couldn't help but think about the fact that I will be spending 3 whole months without him and that I couldn't believe he was going to be leaving me, especially because we have seriously talked about getting married. That he said that he felt like he was the only one putting effort into our relationship, what with him doing most of the traveling. That I said that I put in just as much if not more and that he's just not seeing it. Then said that maybe the reason is that he spends so much time with Melissa and WAY more time with Tazz. Then I said that we are moving way to fast and that I am not ready to make that step of marriage. He said that he is ready and that he feels like I am holding him back. We agreed that it was WAY too much work to do this long-distance relationship, but I was not willing to move back without being married. We agreed that it was just too hard, and it shouldn't be. And maybe ending it now is the best thing.

So we changed our relationship status on Facebook as well as our status. Here are a few of the reactions we got:
  • Aww, I'm sorry! That's so tough. Hope you are doing ok. Let me know if you need anything ok?
  • If this happens to be an April fools joke then =P not very funny. If it does not then I am going to drag your butt out for some ice cream or something and a time for you to talk if you will let me.
  • I am so hoping this is an April fools joke :(
  • I hope this is an April Fool's joke. She is just too good of a girl to let get away!
  • Sad! The tests of life are always painful. Hope you feel better.
We definitely got a reaction. But even just pretending to have broken up SUCKED BIG TIME!!! By 2pm we made things as they are meant to be, and yelled APRIL FOOLS!!! Wasn't nearly as fun as I had anticipated, but we already have an idea for next year if things go the way we are expecting them too. It's gonna be good.
Jared came up on April 1st and we ended up watching FRIENDS or something. I had an interview the next morning. After I got home from my interview Jared and I went to the Jordan River Temple, and spend the next 2 hours there. We were able to sit and read and feel the spirit while holding hands. Cute I know! We read through the latest issue of the New Era. Its all on dating, so it was interesting to see how we were doing. After getting home from the temple we helped mom with some stuff and watched FRIENDS. I fixed dinner and while it was cooking I kicked his and my sister's butt at "Fast Sundaes" It was AWESOME! After dinner we watched another episode of FRIENDS and then went to a movie. We went to the Dollar Theater and saw "Sherlock Holmes." I splurged and got us a large popcorn (probably my favorite food ever) and a large drink to share. The movie was awesome! We came home and did something, I'm not sure what. Saturday morning we woke up and started watching General Conference. I had to leave at 11 to go to a bridal shower for my cousin's fiance. It was a blast to see family and get to talk with Alexis. We got back just in time to catch the afternoon session of conference. Elder Holland's talk was AMAZING! Made a huge impact on me, and on Jared I think. After conference was over, I then took off for a baby shower for my cousin. We got home from the shower at 8:30 and then Jared and my sister and brother and I played "Imagine If." Jared and I are on the same brain wave, so I won! After that game was over I showered and then Jared and I watched more FRIENDS. On Sunday we woke up early and got ready to go to conference, he had tickets for the morning session. I also got dough ready for rolls for dinner, because I was in charge of dinner. We caught trax and we got seats. Conference was wonderful. After conference we walked around temple square. Jared had told me earlier that if he had his tuition and I was ready and he had the ring he would have proposed at temple square. We stood looking at the temple. It just felt so peaceful... and right... Pretty sure that's the place. It was an amazing experience. We stopped in the visitors center and got someone to take a picture for us.




We got home, finished watching conference and watched "The Frog Princess" with my whole family. Such a cute movie. After the movie was over I went up and fixed dinner, and made Jared my special helper basically. He set the table and did whatever I asked, it was great! After dinner we just talked and for some reason the water works decided to start early. He just pulled me close and told me he loved me, not to cry, and that we'd see each other in no time. His ride came and I walked him out and I cried. We hugged, and kissed each other goodbye. He then left and the water works continued. Let me just say I hate HATE saying goodbye! It feels like a part of me is missing whenever he isn't around. I am still me, but I am SO much better when we are together. I look forward to the day where we no longer have to say goodbye and just saying goodnight.

I heard on Monday from Willow Creek Pet Center that I didn't get the job that I interviewed on on Friday, but that they were sending my information on to boarding. I got a call from boarding on Tuesday and went in on Wednesday for an interview with them. After my interview I went down to a pet store called "Incredible Pets" and was offered a job on the spot. I said I would get back to them. Well I heard on Thursday that I got the full time position at Willow Creek and to come in Monday to fill out paper work and start training. Well today (Friday) I got a call from ARUP Laboratories to come in for an interview with them. With ARUP I would have a job where I would use my degree and it would probably pay more than the boarding position. So now I have an interview with ARUP at 9:00am and go in to Willow Creek at 12. Monday is going to be killer.

Today Jared had a bunch of performances. He had to perform in recital today as well as the ballroom performance tonight. The next week or so are going to be really busy for him.

I am starting to work on my graduation announcements, seeing as graduation is April 30th and May 1st. Trying to bring out my creative side, and not make them the same boring ones everyone sends out.

Anyway... that brings everything up to speed. To sum it up... I now have a job after 4 months of searching; I've been able to spend a lot of time with Jared; and finally I find myself very much head over heels in love with Jared and am SO excited for what lies ahead for him and I even though it means dealing with 3 months without him.

2 comments:

Jess Meredith said...

I am super excited for the two of you!

Marisa said...

Thanks Jess!!!