Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finding out that girlfriends come and go (and these days with being engaged most have gone). A close friend of mine and I butted heads and had some back biting (on both sides I am sure). I felt hurt and like she couldn't be really happy for me and the new development in my life. Eventually I put those feelings of being hurt and upset aside and apologized for being such a jerk hoping things would smooth over and that this once strong friendship could be fixed. Yet, after over a month of silence and still some reaching out (on my end) it seems what was once a strong friendship has diminished to possibly "someone I was once good friends with." Hurts that someone I considered to be family doesn't seem as interested in what has been happening to prepare for the biggest day of my life. I dont' really know what to do now, I guess that relationship wasn't as strong as I thought. Time will only tell if she and I will ever really speak again. I know I hope so.

If it weren't for my loving almost husband, I don't know if I could handle loosing the second strongest friendship I have had in my entire life (the first being the friendship I have with him).

If she ever hears this, I hope she knows that I still consider her a close friend and that I would love to try and make things less... strained between us. And that I love her.

2 comments:

JoHanna Muhlestein said...

I am sorry....that is really really hard. I have had a couple of those type sinarioes in my life as wel. Please let me know if you are in need of anything! Love you!

Sincerely,
JoHanna

Jess Meredith said...

Yes Marisa, I always read your blog posts. I always have and always will. I don't just stop caring about a person. (Be that for better or worse.) Our lives are changing. Both of us. Our priorities are different, and they should be. We will always be sisters. Sisters fight. It's part of being family. I'd go into more detail, but I don't think a blog comment is the place, so check your facebook -- by the time you read this I will have responded to your facebook message.