So I have officially had it with my current job at Maverik. This last week I took over as the bakery manager while the actual manager was on vacation. The actual tasks themselves I had to do during the week were not difficult. However, at least 2 of the days I worked last week I ran the bakery ON MY OWN! No help whatsoever really from the other bakery worker. On those days my sales were over $800! Yeah way to go me. But, by Thursday (day 4) I was completely wiped out. I saw just how much some people didn't do. We had some other complications with our order and other things. Anyway, basically I am SO DONE with that place. I am tired of working my butt off and being exhausted all the time for a stupid $8 an hour job. I'm done with being constantly belittled and talked down to by the manager, especially in front of customers. I'm tired of being unappreciated.
So the search is on for a new job for me. All I want is a full time job that pays at least what I am making now. I figure that nothing can be worse than what I am putting up with now. I am trying to put in applications every day. I've applied at Chili's, staples, and even Convergys. Yes I am that desperate. I NEED a new job ASAP!
3 comments:
Try back room positions at retail stores. They usually pay at least $9-10 dollars an hour, and have better hours, and a store discount. :) Good luck!
Unfortunately there are not a ton of retail places in this town. I just need something for the next 6-9 months.
Walmart, smiths, maurices, there is a book store that Brooke worked at her last semester at SUU. Plus with summer coming, you may be able to find somewhere! I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Post a Comment