Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Music - Tears/Cry

So I work for ATA Services online and I always listen to a radio station out of Salt Lake called z104. Anyway this morning they were asking about what songs make you cry and had people call in and then they would play some of them. Man it got me thinking about all the songs that make me cry and why they do. I thought I would list a few and why it makes me cry.

  • Real Life (I never was the same again) by Jeff Carson - well this one has made me cry since the first time I heard it. It starts out by talking about having a dog that was the same age as him and the joy of having a dog as your best friend. And when the dog died it was the first time he knew what real pain was. Anyone who knows me at all knows my love for animals especially dogs. I had a dog growing up, and the situation painted in the beginning is EXACTLY how I felt when my best friend Mack died. I think of him every time I hear it. Recently I lost another special dog, Splash. He and I have the same birthday. He died just a few weeks ago. So now I think about him whenever I hear it. Its almost like reliving the pain again, but it is nice to feel those 2 again. Mack was such a huge part of my childhood and my life and I miss him all the time. The song goes on to talk about meeting the love of his life in the most unlikely situation and then later having a child being with his wife during labor and seeing his baby for the first time. I can relate to that too. I met Jared in a situation you don't expect to meet the love of your life and after that my life was not the same. Jared and I are wanting to be parents so badly and I bet once it happens I will relate to the other part too.


  •  (Sorry if the video isn't that great but it's what I could find somewhat quickly without it being a cover)

  • The Greatest Man I Never Knew by Reba McEntire- This song makes me think of my father a little. Honestly this song is what pushed me to gain a real relationship with my dad. It is about a girl who goes through life not really knowing her father. He lived down the hall and thought she hung the moon. He came home late and didn't have much to say (that describes my dad actually). Anyway the song ends with how the greatest words she never heard and will never hear and that the man she thought could never die has been dead almost a year. When this song first touched me it really shook me. I didn't want this to be how it was with my dad. Thankfully I know that my dad loves me and just how he feels about me and that he would do anything for me. We have a wonderful relationship, but this song makes me get choked up and reminds me to keep my relationship with him no matter what.
    (Live video, but she sings it so well with such feeling)
  • Letting Go by Suzy Boggus -  Well this one takes me back to leaving home for the 1st time to start college. I had dreamed so long of being on my own, but when the time came well it was harder than I thought. It really wasn't easy to let go and leave home to be on my own. It also reminds me of my mom some. She knew one day I would leave home and go out on my own. But I know it wasn't easy to let me go, whether or not she cried some tears when I left or not I don't know. 
  • Then by Brad Paisley -  I thought I would end my post with my and Jared's song. It's been our song since we first started out, and has remained our song over the past 3 years. Every once in a while I get a little choked up (in a good way). Its usually those times that I feel our love very strongly or when we are dancing in our home and Jared is singing along. This song makes me so happy. The line that ALWAYS gets me is "I can just see you with a baby on the way. I can just see you when your hair is turning grey. But what I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more, but I've said that before". I just love this song


There are more songs that bring me to tears, whether out of sadness or gladness. If I had nothing else to do today I would do more, but alas I have a couple hours of work and housework and musical rehearsal. Music is amazing and can bring back emotions.

No comments: