I came across this blog about infertility a while back and a quote from it really stuck with me. It's from a woman who has struggled with infertility for a while, and her thoughts and feelings about the subject. Here is what she said:
"You are not just your
infertility. Don’t let it define every aspect of your life and hold you
back from enjoying what you have now. Don’t let yourself be trapped in
the thought that you must not be a good enough person to get a baby
(believe me, I’ve been there), because it’s not true. There are so many
good, strong, faithful women with families of their own, but being good
is not a precursor to having children. It seems that any
fifteen-year-old pothead can have a baby, but remember that, just as it
takes a strong woman to raise a righteous family, it takes an equally
strong–and in some ways, stronger–woman to be able to withstand the pain
and resentment that comes with infertility.
You’re strong. God loves you. He has always known you would
struggle with infertility and it never once made Him love you less.
Remember that, and embrace the joy whenever and wherever you can."
Since reading this my look on where things are has changed a whole lot. I've started to take hold of my life again. The fact that I am not a mother and that we are have had issues TTC for about a year now, does NOT define me. There is still so much happiness and great things in my life, and I am finally realizing that. I mean the last 6 months all I could see was what wasn't there and wasn't happening. And now... well I have so much going for me. There is so much I can do in life.
Now, this does not in any way mean I am giving up on being a mom. We will still continue to make things happen, and get the help we need (especially because a lot of the issues involve my health). It just means I am going to enjoy life. Take advantage of the fact that I am not tied down by children. In fact we are actually going to take some sort of vacation this summer, maybe to a theme park(something I couldn't do if I was PG). Enjoy my husband and the time we have just the 2 of us.
Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed!
No comments:
Post a Comment