Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

I am rule

So one of the my favorite chick-flicks is "He's just not that into you". I don't know if it's because it has a fantastic cast (includes Jennifer Aniston, Ben Afflek, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin & more) or if it's because it speaks the truth (seriously though it does.) Anyway if you haven't yet seen it do it, definitely worth it. So this movie is basically about relationships (or lack of) and how the "signs" that a guy is into you or not into you. Well there is one part of this movie that has been in my head recently. Here is the clip because it will be easier for you just to watch it then for me to explain:




Ok so here is the thing. We girls like to tell each other and ourselves these stories or whatever you want to call them JUST to make ourselves feel better. Like "I had a friend who her boyfriend cheated on her and now they are married and are so happy" or "maybe he just lost your number". And guess what, we do this about EVERYTHING not just about men. We do it about pregnancy too. The whole "my friend and her husband tried for a long time and then they just stopped thinking about it and BAMM pregnant" and so on. Well after so long of telling myself these BOGUS lies and pretending that the exact same thing will one day happen to me I have realized something. I am NOT the exception, I AM the RULE. The rule not the exception.

Ok this is not me saying "screw it I will never get pregnant" or that I don't want HELPFUL advice. It's that I am no longer getting my hopes up that this thing that one couple did will help me. Because really the hardest part of this whole TTC business is getting hopes up and having them crash and leave you with a heartbreak like no other. I will stay optimistic, but keeping myself from thinking I have my problem solved based on a story or whatever. Because honestly it's too hard and I can't live that way any longer.

No comments: