Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Never Forget

Today marks 13 years since the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, New York. 13 years ago I was 13 almost 14 and in the 8th grade at South Jordan Middle School. As I was getting ready for school that morning my mom had the Today show or some other news station on and that's when we heard that an airplane hit the north tower. I distinctly remember brushing my hair and hearing the T.V. I stopped as did everyone else who was up and home. Shock is probably the best word for what I felt in that instant. I then went to school where we all (teachers and students) watched the television to hear more of what was happening and why it happened. We cried together as we saw what was happening in this great nation. It is a day I will NEVER forget.
As days passed our country was united (for once). I guess grief and anger will do that. We realized what great heroes we have in this country, both our men and women in the armed forces AND the men and women who serve as police officers, fire fighters, and rescue crews. If it weren't for them... I hate to think what more could have happened and what this country would be like.
I am a huge country music fan, as many of you know. Not too long after these horrible events many songs were written that continue to remind us of that day. Let me share 2 of them with you.

"Have You Forgotten?"



"Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning"


I remember hearing this one for the first time, and it brought me to tears. Honestly it still does, especially on this day.

I am SO grateful for all that God has blessed me with. That I live in this wonderful country, I am proud to be an American. I am grateful for the service men and women and their families. I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Please take some time today to remember how you felt on this day 13 years ago. Take time to remember those who lost their lives, those who put their lives on the line then and every single day.

NEVER FORGET!!!!

No comments: