Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

2015... here it goes...

Well it's 2015 and with the new year comes reflection and thinking on what things I want to do differently. Honestly at 12:30 am on January 1st I was dreading this new year, and I let my husband know that. I felt completely hopeless as 2015 showed up. Chances are no baby will be a part of our family this year either. My testimony is in the gutter and I am seriously doubting everything I know as far as that aspect of my life goes. But... I took some time and decided that I needed to do something with this year. Something I actually can do or look forward to. And of course I am going to post it here so that I have it written down somewhere. So here it goes...
  • Getting in Shape - Ok yes it is the same goal I had last year (well sort of anyway). I want to be in better shape and lose some of this extra insulation. I hate the way I look both in the mirror and in pictures. I hate that when I go on hikes I am at the back of the group huffing and puffing the whole way. I hate the way I feel about myself. I actually started working towards this goal in December but want to go at it full steam ahead this year. I will be taking an AWESOME Jazzercise class here in Mussi Monday-Thursday from my awesome friend Chante. I am already addicted to working out, and I hope it stays that way. I also want to better watch what I am eating. I am still going to be eating/drinking the things I want (Pepsi, chocolate, candy, etc), I just want to be more aware of what I am eating.
  • Get answers regarding our fertility - It is unlikely that this year will end with us having a baby. It was hard to swallow that fact, but it's the truth and I can't change that. However, we can start on the road to getting that special baby. We will both be seeing doctors and getting the necessary tests done so we know why we haven't gotten pregnant. It's going to be difficult, especially since it means taking days off work for both of us. But we will finally know what we are up against and we can move forward. We'll know whether we have to do IUI or IVF, whether we need a donor (egg or sperm), or whether we need to pursue adoption. It will also let us know what we are up against financially with being able to be parents.
  • Family Night - This is a family goal. We want to spend 1 night a week the 4 of us. Spending time together and learning more about each other. This will involve our 2 boys, so we'll be going for walks and playing with toys all together at some point during family night. We have done "family night" before just not consistently and so we are going to stick to doing it every week on Monday nights. 
  •  Date Night - This is a couple's goal. Jared and I want to spend time just the 2 of us every week now. We feel we need this time to connect and make our relationship the best it can be. It may not be some elaborate thing, but it'll be time together away from work and electronic devices (I added the part about devices). A night distraction free and to be together. Every week! We're planning on Friday nights, so don't expect to hear from either of us that night.
  • Dog Training - We gained another member of the family, his name is Sam and was one of the puppies we were taking care of. We will be training Sam since he is still a puppy, but we will also be doing some training with Bo. We will also be training ourselves to be aware of how much time we spend with both boys. It's going to be a lot of work but SO worth it.
2015 is going to be a hard year I am sure, but at least I have my 3 boys there with me. Make sure you write down any of your goals you have for this year. 

No comments: