So now I'll pose the question... What song(s) out there have spoken to you?
Pages
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Music Speaks
A dear friend of mine posed a question to the internet world of what song from any genre speaks to you each and every time you listen to it. My mind was instantly filled with dozens hundreds of songs. It amazes me how many songs have made an impact in my life through the years. To answer her question I turned to the my "Marisa's Favs" playlist, with currently 290 songs, on my itunes to try and pick one. I quickly scrolled down and found 1 song that I knew without a doubt was one of those timeless speakers, Real Life (I Never was the same Again) by Jeff Carson. Go here to listen to this song. I am pretty sure I have shared about this particular song before, so I wont dive into my feelings on this song, just know that it makes me cry Every.Single.Time. After I let her and the internet world know about it, I decided to take a closer look at the other playlists I had. I swear I have a list for anything and everything. Songs to workout to, songs from Jazzercise, songs for various holidays, spiritual/religious songs, songs for seminary, songs to help you relax, romantic songs, songs that I consider to mine and Jared's, songs about family and being parents (though honestly I never listen to these now), songs to wake up to, songs to get you up and dancing, songs that I consider to be classics, and songs to... you know... to. HAHA! Then I looked closer at the songs. What a variety! Songs that took me back to being a kid, such as songs by Alabama, Doug Stone, Chris LeDoux, and Garth Brooks, Collin Raye, and many many more. Songs that took me back to being a teenager, like "Dancing Queen" by ABBA (my friends from Parkway 9th ward will know why) (listen here). Songs that take me back to college days, like "This Must be the Place" or as I called it "The Drunken Man Song" (no seriously that is what I called it forever until I learned the official title) by Talking Heads (thanks Marlisa, great memories) (listen here). Songs that make me think about the days that I was just starting to date Jared and working at Willow Creek Pet Center, like "Bulletproof" by La Roux (listen here). Songs that make me think of specific people, like how "Jeans On" by Keith Urban makes me always think of my aunt Stephanie (no seriously if it comes on I think "I should text Steph, I miss her) (listen here and I came SO close to putting in the live version because it's a million times better live, but it's not what I hear most of the time). Songs about my dreams, for example "I'd Die for That" by Kellie Coffey (listen here). Songs that make me remember specific moments in my life, like "Me and You" by Kenny Chesney takes me back to the moment that I knew in my heart that I would marry Jared (listen here and to check out a very young Kenny with hair and everything). Songs that remind me of how much Jared loves me, like "I'm in Love with a Married Woman" by Blaine Larsen (listen here). Songs that remind me how much I love Jared, like "Then" by Brad Paisley (listen here). Seriously there are HUNDREDS of songs that have touch my life and that continue to speak to my heart.
So now I'll pose the question... What song(s) out there have spoken to you?
So now I'll pose the question... What song(s) out there have spoken to you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment