Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Ripcord

As most of you long time readers know I am a die hard Keith Urban fan, and have been for like 12 years now. I mean I haven't missed a concert of his since my cousins were just babies and they are 12 now (Nathan and Parker how dare you grow up). I have all of Keith's CDs except for when he was with "The Ranch" and his Greatest Hits album (why would I buy an album that I already had every song on it). I've got t-shirts, I had a poster, a keychain. Seriously die hard fan!

Anyway Keith's latest CD titled "Ripcord" (all of his CDs have unique titles that usually correspond with the content and they don't have a title track) came out this last Friday. But unfortunately I live an hour from the nearest store so I had to grab mine via Amazon so I could have it as soon as possible. Well guess what it came today! I of course did a happy dance and immediately attempted to open my new treasure. Why must they make cases so hard to get into? It seriously took me 5 minutes to get the plastic off. After getting it free I immediately got it onto my itunes.
So here are my thoughts on the newest album after giving it a complete listen.
-It is definitely more of an upbeat album. It will definitely get you up and moving. There aren't too many "ballads" on this one.
-There is less of the typical country feel, but it still feels like Keith to me. It almost has more of a tech feeling to it, but it fits I think. So if you're looking for good old fashioned country you may not appreciate it, but if you're a fan of Keith you'll love it.
-The collaboration with Carrie Underwood (she's my girl) is probably one of my favorites on the list. Their voices fit really well. I love it.
-While I am on collaborations, there is also a song with Nile Rodgers (not really sure who that is) and Pitbull (Pitbull's music fills up my workout playlists) is great too. It'll be making its way onto my workout playlist too. It's really upbeat and gets you moving.
-Out of the 13 tracks there isn't one that I didn't like. They are all worth having.

Give it a listen and tell me what you think.

No comments: