Last Mother's Day was my 2nd one without a child. I chose to stay off social media and I skipped church. It may look like I was trying to hide, but it was to save my heart and mind from further pain. It is hard to see other friends with their children on that day. It is hard to go to a church meeting and hear about the joys of motherhood. And I know I wasn't the only one avoiding those triggers that day.
Here we are a year later and I have been blessed with a miracle that will make us parents to a human child in October. I am overjoyed at this blessing and that tomorrow I can celebrate the fact that I WILL become a mother. But as tomorrow approaches my heart is heavy as I think of others who are still where I was not too long ago.
I want any who are reading this who are struggling with infertility to know that you are loved and remembered. Stay strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment