Knew he needed someone there, and I couldn't be that person for obvious reasons (250 miles/3 hours away). Knowing how much he needed it, I put my own feelings, insecurities, and fears aside. I asked her to be there for him, in the one way I couldn't. Of course she was more than happy to help... I have my own theory about that, but that's a blog in and of itself. I know I made the right choice, because he needed it. But... knowing that she was the one to hold him close and tell him things were going to be okay, absolutely kills me.
Talked for about a half hour, and could hear the relief in his voice. As we talked about the events of his day so far, I could feel the tears. And of course once they started they wouldn't stop. Thankfully he didn't know what was happening on the other end of the line, pretty sure that's the last thing he needed to know.
1 comment:
Ris, I am home now. We need to talk.
Post a Comment