Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weekend

This last weekend, I was able to make a trip down to Cedar City. With it being Valentines Day on Sunday and a 3 day weekend, it seemed like the perfect time to go down to spend some time with Jared (aka-the boyfriend).

Friday I got into town around 2:30, and went with my old roommate to Walmart. Actually, I dropped her off and kept my car running because it died the moment I got into Cedar. Pretty sure my battery is bad. After that I dropped her off at the school and then went back to the complex to see Jared. It had been 25 days (at least that's what he told me) since we had seen each other. Biggest hug and such... yeah. We then went over to the school so that I could pay my cap and gown fee, and then headed to the bookstore. Ran into the bishop's wife, who I love and missed dearly. She said we look so cute together, and of course we couldn't help but agree. Big smiles on both of our faces. We then headed back to his place and looked up when the move "Valentines Day" was playing. I had informed him the night before that we were going to go on an actual date, whether he liked it or not. Of course there was no complaint from him. So at 4:00 we saw the movie, its so cute by the way. We then went out to dinner. Afterwards we unloaded my car, because I don't have a key to my old apartment and wasn't able to get in until then. After that we went back to his place and watched "The Shining." Didn't realize that it was rated R... drops the F-bomb and other things. Scary movies aren't my cup of tea, but he was adamant about watching a scary movie with me. Can't imagine why...

Saturday, spent the morning watching a movie Jared's awesome sister let him borrow. We then met up with a friend to take pictures. Here are a few that I liked and doctored up.









After that we went to the basketball games. Jared's in the pep-band, plays the trombone. Sad to say, but it was first basketball game of college and I don't even go there anymore. After the games, we went to a friends and watch "Armegedon." We had driven over, but when we headed back to my car it was DEAD! So at 1 am we walked back. Gave me a chance to talk about some things I wanted to talk to him about. Didn't call it a night until nearly 4 am, but there was a lot to talk about and such...

Sunday we had church, I had really missed my old ward not to mention the people in it. It was so nice to catch up with people. After church we jumped my car and took it back to the complex, then walked over to the school. We ate on campus with some people, then went to the fireside. After the fireside we headed over to the Music Building so that I could play the piano for him. I of course was VERY nervous and messed up. So to redeem myself I ended up playing my songs twice. After finishing up in the practice room, we headed to the stage and I had my first private ballroom dance lesson. Anyone who knows me knows I am no dancer. Definitely not my thing. But I want to learn, and seeing as Jared is on the Ballroom Dance Team I decided to get him to teach me. Of course I made a HUGE fool of myself. Started with the cha-cha, his favorite. Totally screwed up steps, and my frame was not great either. Also went into waltz, which I had been taught once before except for that time I learned the guy's part. It went a little better, but not much. I guess I'll just need some practice. I hope I get better. After humiliating myself, and having a little fun we walked home and watched "Aladdin." I thought I knew that movie well, but he knows it better than I do and that is saying something. Called it a night, after having fallen asleep in his arms. Best feeling ever...

Monday, we went through his music and I got what he thought I should have. We then went to Wendy's and then over to the institute to play ping pong. However with it being a holiday the institute was locked. So we settled for pool and foose ball at the club house. Nearly beat him at foose ball, but he killed me at pool. After that we went back to put my stuff into my car and grab my music for him to put on his computer. Talked and such, until about 6 when it was decided I should get on the road even though we both didn't want me to. Car died again when I went to get gas. Once the car started again, I took Jared over to the Music Building because there was another basketball to play in. Said goodbye... he shut the door... and as I drove off tears filled my eyes.

Hands down, the best weekend ever!

2 comments:

Jess Meredith said...

Well, I'm glad I was able to read about the weekend before I leave for the next ten days!

Love you Ris! I am so happy you are so happy!

Jared said...

Sounds like you enjoyed the weekend almost as much as I did. Glad spring break's not too far down the road.