Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Consider me Gone" (in a whole new light)



Before you jump to any conclusions about why I posted this song, let me explain. I heard this song on the radio the other day and couldn't get the chorus out of my head.

If I'm not the one thing you can't stand to lose
If I'm not that arrow to the heart of you
If you don't get drunk on my kiss
If you think you can do better than this,
Then I guess we're done
Let's not drag this on
Consider me gone

These words made me think. I thought about whether he is the one thing I can't stand to lose, whether I get drunk on his kiss, and most of all if I think I can do better than this. I've thought about it a lot, and haven't completely gotten answers but I know they will come.

While I was listening to it again today, these words really stood out to me.

Consider me a memory.
Consider me the past.
Consider me a smile in an old photograph someone who used to make you laugh.

I don't want him to be a memory or the past, I've already got plenty of people who can be that. But most of all I really don't want him to be a smile in a photograph or someone who used to make me laugh.

SO even though I don't have all the answers that I want now, I know they will come. And until they do, I will keep what I have because I know I don't want him out of my life.

No comments: