I went down to Cedar City for my graduation on April 30th. It was a 2 day ordeal. Big university wide commencement on the 30th, and a convocation with the college of science on May 1st. Did this big processional on the 30th, where I ended up standing outside in the cold for over an hour and then walked through campus with everyone in their caps and gowns. It was on the 30th that we moved our tassels to the left to signify our graduation. The 1st was when I heard what I had waited 4 years to hear, my name being called. Walking across the stage was the most amazing experience of my life. It was then that I realized that I really did get my bachelors. It was amazing! I walked over to the dean, who was one of my professors, and he handed me the folder for my diploma which I will get latter. Seriously one of the best experience of my life. I will never forget that moment.
After graduating all the people who came to see me walk and I went out to lunch. It was great to see how many people were there just for me.
I spent the first week of May with Jared. We visited with my bishop and went to the CES broadcast on Sunday. I worked Monday morning, and then we played some one on one basketball before dinner and then had FHE with my family. Tuesday morning we just hung around the house and relaxed and then I went to work. I had Wednesday and Thursday off work. Wednesday we ran some errands and celebrated my mom's birthday. We went to a movie, miniature golfing, a car wash, and walked a bit of the Jordan River Parkway on Thursday. It was a wonderful couple of days together. Wouldn't have traded it for anything. Friday... we woke up early and I took him to the airport. Jared is in North Carolina for the next 3 months doing sales for InCite, a pesticide company. I cried the whole way to the airport, at the airport, and the whole way to work. We said goodbye at Terminal B... long hug with muffled sobs on my end, I didn't see any tears from him. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I wont see Jared until after August 7th.
The past few days have been really hard, but each day gets easier.
Really frustrated now, but I guess that's life.
2 comments:
I can't believe that Jared is gone for 3 months. I am glad that he was able to see you graduate though. You will be fine while he is gone though. Continue to talk and think about him and before you know it he will be home and back with you!
Thanks Andrea!
Post a Comment