Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Workout Competition

So last week I went back to my hometown to get some work done on our car. While I was there my dad came up with this workout competition between my mom and I. Since February I have gained like 30-40 pounds. Between birth control (which is proven to lead to weight gain), stress, and not the best eating habits it isn't a complete shock. My mom needs to lose some weight as well. So here is the deal, I have until December 31 to lose as much weight as I can. My dad will pay me a certain amount for how many pounds I lose between now and then. So I will get some extra cash no matter what. But here is when the competition comes into play, I will get even more cash if I lose more weight than my mom. The thing I like best about this is that I know that I have a support team with this whole thing. My mom does live on the other end of the state, but it is nice to know that she is working on this too. Plus I have a husband and a father who are behind me all the way. The competition started last Wednesday, and I weigh in every Wednesday until the end of the year.
It's gonna be hard, especially because I work around food every day at work. And none of it is terribly good for me either. But I know it will be worth it in the end, especially with my health.
I am doing this because I know it will greatly boost my self esteem, and because I know that if I don't lose this weight now it will be even harder down the road. I know once children come into our life losing this weight will be so hard.
So here we go...

1 comment:

Megan Laurel said...

Marisa! You have my Support!!! I believe in you! if i lived in cedar city i would be your coach! ha ha! but you know I will be supportive no matter where we are! :) Way to be! I know it'll be hard, but i Know you can do it! :)