I just returned back to school after spending the weekend at home. It was a much needed vacation from reality, and to be honest I needed to be around family. So much happened, many things that have helped me more than I thought.
I started out Friday by going to the Jordan River Temple. It was just what I needed. I had something I need some confirmation on, and I got just that. I know that I am going in the right direction. I know that this isn't going to be easy, but I can do it and I will be a better person when all is said and done.
After getting home from the temple I went for a ride with my mom, who has over the years become my best friend. Anyone who knows me, knows just how much I love to ride horses. My horse Ray is out of shape and fat. So I worked his butt off. We ended up riding in an indoor arena in Lehi. I made him run at least for a half an hour. He needed the work and I needed to get out my frustrations and whatnot. And I must be out of practise because my thighs hurt afterwords, but it was totally worth it. But the best part is that it was at that moment when I was flying down the arena that I realized that I had regained control.
I've felt so out of control lately with everything that has gone on. How that happened exactly I am unsure. But this I know, I have control once again. My mind is clear and I can honestly say that I am doing great. Not ok, great.
Sunday I was able to attend church with my family, and that recomfirmation came again. Sunday at home is always wonderful. Although anytime at home is wonderful. As I was driving back I listed to music that I havent in a long time and I was able to continue sorting everything out and process. I dont remember what I was listening to, but I remember that confirmation again. Obviously I am doing the right thing, what with being told I am by the spirit on numerous occations in such a short period of time.
So here I am back in "the real world" where life goes on. I will do this, and will turn out to be an even stronger person for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment