Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Reflection on the last time I felt this way

Pain, yes that's what this is. The only other time I have felt this way was when I was about 15 I think. See I had a dog, my best friend, his name was Mack. When we put him down... it was the worst pain I had ever felt. Some may say that that was insignificant, but to me he was the only one I could count on no matter what. I heard this song not long after he left me. Here's the words.

"I was young. He was old. We both were the same age. Everyday, playing fetch. Shaking hands. He'd lick my face. And I was unaware, the day would come. And when he died, for the first time I knew what real pain was. And I never was the same again. From that moment on real life began." - "Real Life" by Jeff Carson

To this day I still cry everytime I hear this song. I miss him in times like these. Times where I feel like I am alone. He was always there for me.

With recent events, this song has a new meaning. "I never was the same again. From that moment on real life began"

1 comment:

Jess Meredith said...

Music is my Mr. Right...

Ris... I love you!