Yesterday we drove to Ridgecrest as soon as I got off work, so I really didn't have time to post. And this is starting to get hard.
Day 19 - At this time of year a lot of people become very charitable. 2 years ago Jared and I rang the Salvation Army bell outside of Wal-mart. I did notice that lots of people that I wouldn't expect to give money did. People tend to give more this time of year. Even those people who probably can't afford it will donate money and things this time of year. It kind of shows that we really aren't all hard hearted and everything.
Day 20 - In the past I have always been the one to help put up Christmas lights on the house. It was always me and mom who put them up. She would get on the ladder and hook the lights to the house, while I untangled the lights. One year I believe I got my brother to put them up with me, it wasn't the more pleasant experience. Last year when we came to Ridgecrest I helped my father-in-law (although at the time he wasn't my father-in-law yet) put the lights on the house. It just seems to be what I do I guess. I do like doing it though. It gives me the opportunity to talk with whoever is putting them up with me. I didn't put any lights outside of our apartment this year, because it was more trouble than it was worth. But I expect that when we live in a bigger place or when we live in a house, that I will continue to to be the one putting the lights up.
No comments:
Post a Comment