Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Really wish I could say "I dont care"

I've been listening to a lot of music lately, more than usual. Mostly I guess I am hoping that it will get my mind off what I can't stop thinking about. That, or give me some peace of mind. Unfortunatly, that has yet to happen. For example, I was listening to Blake Shelton and heard his song "I Don't Care." Here is a section of it (for full lyrics see my blog Life Through Music http://marisa-musiclife.blogspot.com/) I have changed the words here to make it more applicable.

"I don't care. He don't matter. I don't love him anymore, she can have him! I don't know why it slips my mind, I tell myself all the time; guess I forgot again for a second there; that I don't care."

I'm not saying that I love him, I dont know if I do or if I dont. But I have never felt like this before in my entire life. I'm trying so hard to just brush this off, and not too worry or dwell on it. People are trying to give me advice or whatever you want to call it.
"He's only been home for 2 months" "He spent 2 years not having anything to do
with girls, and now he is probably feeling overwhelmed with what is available"
"He is a guy afterall" "Dont worry about it, he'll come around" "Give it time.
"Time is your best friend" "He doesnt realize that what he is doing is hurting you"
Is this suppose to make me feel better? Well if it is, its not. Going back to the song, all I want is too not care. I dont want to feel like this anymore. But at the same time, I dont want to be the one who has to do everything in this relationship or whatever you want to call it. Do I really have to do all the work? I dont think so! I shouldnt have to! Is it too much to ask for him to actually care, more than just my friend?

All I know is that I cant just say "I dont care" because I care more than I ever thought I would.

No comments: