Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

#14

Again I must apologize for my absence. I had another doctors appointment in SLC on the 25th and ended up staying with my parents until Friday (a post about the why's and such may happen, but not sure yet). But I am back and wont be going anywhere for a while anyway.

Write about your best friend (not significant other) and what makes them special...

I have been waiting for this one since I started this. I don't think I let them know enough how amazing I think they are, and am grateful for the opportunity to do so.

My best friend is Megan Torgersen! And she is THE BEST! We met in middle school sometime, though I couldn't say when exactly but anywhere from 2000-2003. I bet it was in choir, it was the class I always remember having with her. So we've been friends for at least 10 years now.  We became best friends in high school and our friendship grew stronger after high school even though I moved away to school. Megan is a nurse at Primary Children's (her dream job), and I am so proud of her for following her dreams. When we get together it's like we just saw each other yesterday even though it may have been months or more. We both touch base with the other when it's been a while since we spoke. Megan has ALWAYS been there for me. She is always willing to listen to me. She's not judgmental at all, which is probably the biggest reason I feel I can turn to her at anytime for anything. She was the only person who knew about something that was going in my life for a long time, because I knew I could trust her with it. I trust her with my life. Through the years she has become like a sister to me. I know she always has my back. She's been there when no one else was. She's such a caring person. I am so glad she is in my life and will always be.

(What a babe right? She's gorgeous)

As I went to get a picture of us together from my computer I realized that the only pictures I with Megan are like at least 6 years old. Megan we need to do a photo shoot or something next time I am up. Deal? Love you Megan!

1 comment:

Megan Laurel said...

Oh Marisa..
This is one of the sweetest Highlights I could ever receive. I don't even know what to say. I just love you so much. Thank YOU for being the person who has been there for me too. You are amazing and I'm so glad we could share such an amazing friendship over the years. can you believe we have been friends for over 10 years? it's crazy to think! but WONDERFUL at the same time! Thanks for this. It really means SO much to me. words can not express how I feel about you and how much I truly Love you. You are so caring and sweet. Beautiful and STRONG. You have been so much, and I am grateful that in hardship, you didn't shut me out or anything. You let me come and be there with you through the struggles and the Joys. and I've been so grateful that I have been able to see you grow as the woman you are. I am extremely proud of you and of the deep rooted testimony that you have. You have gone far. And you will continue to go so far. I've also loved that Much of if not most of our friendship has defied the distance that at times has kept us on seeing each other on a more daily basis. And, like you said, When we do see each other.. It's like we just saw each other yesterday. I love that about our friendship. Thanks for everything. You truly know how to make me feel good. and I feel like i've done something good for a friend. You have done so much for me too. I just love you to pieces!!
Also.. We seriously need to have another photoshoot/Photo with each other. we gotta update the 6 year old pictures!!!! I LOVE YOU MARISA! thanks for this wonderful post. I will never forget it. :) In fact i'm printing it out and saving it for when I'm having a hard day. <3 thanks for being one of my very best friends! xoxo :) Here's to a wonderful friendship we've had and will continue to have :)